Diverse Technology Inc. is looking for a seasoned estimator with at least 3-5 years’ experience in construction estimating. The potential candidates should have a bid on our type of work (divisions 3, 7, and 9).
- Visualize, analyze and communicate project scope of work
- Coordinate and execute tasks of estimating personnel assigned to a specific estimate.
- Monitor and follow up on staff’s assigned duties.
- Coordinate the cost means and methods with the Client design and prepare preliminary cost estimates and budgets.
- Work with Design Team to reconcile cost estimates
- Analyze General Condition costs to determine company overhead
- Manage Value Engineering Process
- Provide input for Fee Proposals
- Prepare all Indirect Costs
- Review and coordinate project-specific insurance requirements
- Prepare General Conditions/Site Services Costs
- Understands all disciplines in estimating
- Leads staff to assure accuracy in estimating process, procedures and review requirements are met
- Delivers and presents estimates to clients during BD process
- Ability to sell company’s strengths and experience
- Ability to preserve/reconcile all aspects of the estimate presentation while in front of a group and with client
- Communicate Effectively – Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Solve Problems – Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability – Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results – Show passion and commitment while delivering business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation – Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
Experience & education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Self-motivated and eager to build an existing book of business
- Minimal guidance to perform
- Sales background in the similar field or from retail background
- Able to estimate all types of building projects, including residential high rise, healthcare, interiors and institutional
- Knowledge of suitable contractors and suppliers for all types of projects
- Familiar with both union and merit shop contractors
- Knowledge of typical pricing for project types above; for both union and merit
Thank you for taking a look at the list of responsibilities and qualifications, we look forward to reviewing your resume.